Information of data processing
- General Information
The following sections provide information on the use and processing of personal data related to the EpiViral Twinning project from H2020, Grant agreement ID: 952373. Personal data will be collected and processed in the strictest confidentiality and under the legislation in force, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), 2016/679 of the 27th of April 2016.
- Who is the data controller?
The data controller is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or other body which determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. EpiViral project acts as the controller regarding the processing of personal data.
iBiMED – Institute of Biomedicine
Department of Medical Sciences
University of Aveiro
Agra do Crasto, edifício 30
3810-193 Aveiro, Portugal
Tel: +351-234 247 014
Any question regarding personal data processing can be addressed to:
- What personal data do we collect?
EpiViral project collects and processes your identifying information, name, and email.
- Why do we collect your personal data?
Your data will be collected and processed only for emailing the Annual EpiViral Newsletter.
- How do we treat and store personal data?
EpiViral treats personal data as confidential information. Data will not be shared with third parties under any circumstances. Your personal data will be stored for the duration of the project, 3 years, in a secure database assessed only by authorized personnel.
- What are your rights?
You have the following rights concerning the processing of your personal data by EpiViral:
- Right to request access to your personal data.
- Right to request erasure (to be forgotten) or rectification of your personal data.
- Right to request information on the reasoning underlying data processing.
- Right of restriction of processing when you dispute the accuracy of the data or when you consider that the processing is illegal.
- Right of portability, you have the right to receive the personal data that you have communicated to EpiViral and send it to another data controller.
- Right to object to the processing of personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes.
If you wish to exercise your rights or want to contact the data controller regarding any other data protection related matters, you can contact us by email:
Advice on data protection matters can also be obtained from the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of the University of Aveiro. DPO can be reached by email at email@example.com.
If you have any complaint, you have the right to contact the National Data Protection Commission.
CNPD - Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados
Av. D. Carlos I, 134, 1º
T (+351) 213 928 400
F (+351) 213 976 832